Everything that glitters is not gold; just like that, life will throw you with many things which will look shiny, but that will be a trap. This world is full of such types of things. These things will try to impress and increase your temptation to get them. Those who fell for such trick are most likely the one who gets easily influenced by anyone. Controlling your desires is something that comes with a lot of sacrifices. Monks have mastered themselves in managing their desires. They can resist any bait which is put forward to them. Overcoming your temptation is essential because human satisfaction never ends; it grows over and over and has no limit. One day you have everything, and the other day you will desire more. Let’s discuss the best ways to overcome temptations.
- Live in reality, try to think of reasons to avoid it. Temptation can be of anything; it can be buying something unnecessary or wanting to do something. Try to think about it in the first place before making up your mind and end up doing that particular thing. Think about the parameters like significance, necessities, and consequences. This is when your maturity comes into action. How well you will react to your temptation will showcase your personality. Be mature about your decisions before fulfilling your desires.
- Try to resist every time you find yourself surrounded by glittering or tempting things. It will be hard for you to take your eyes off them, but doing this regularly will help you overcome your desires, and eventually, you’ll see that desire fading away. It is said that never kill your desire, but is that desire good or beneficial every time you think of it? Also it might be a burden on your wallet later. Resisting your temptation will make your mind stronger. You will have a good focus on your work without paying heed to distractions all around you. Developing a temptation repellent mindset will going to benefit you in the future.
- Question your desires; is it necessary? What benefit will it give to you? Will that thing be able to satisfy you for the long term, or will that pleasure last for long? Try justifying every question with logic and ignoring all the pleasure aspect it would give to you. One should apply this questioning strategy whenever they found themselves in dilemma.
- Peer pressure is also a thing in controlling your temptations; sometimes, it will make you do foolish things that you never thought of doing. An example of a decision taken in peer pressure can be seen when your friend purchases something new, and you are jealous of it. To satisfy your jealousy, you bought the same thing without even thinking what impact it would create on your financial condition. These habits are every day in many of us. It would be best if you controlled this desire of yours. Showing off is fool’s play. Instead of investing that money in something that satisfies your ego, you could have used it somewhere else where it would be beneficial for you. To avoid regretting it later, try to think for a moment logically and then take the decision.
- Be capable of having it yourself. Work hard for it rather than just dreaming about it. Don’t be a person who asks others for financial help to meet his desires. This way, you will lose your self-respect along with your status in society.
So following above points will help you to control your desires and will transform you into a person who can control his temptations.
Check out our other blog : How To Stop Living In An Imaginary World
KEEP SMILING AND BE ENERGETIC 🙂