Hey Friends, We often get angry over small things and take ourselves into a troubling situation. When we are angry or frustrated over something, we fall without thinking, even once we make some decisions. Everyone must master their emotions and stay calm in difficult situations instead of getting angry or frustrated over those not in their hands. Past is the proof; Anger will only bring destruction. Decisions made in anger will always take you towards your doom. This blog will mainly focus on the effects of anger, following benefits, and how to deal with anger and frustration.
Adverse Effects Of Anger And Frustration
Anger and frustration affect our mental health and affect our surroundings in many ways. It may lead us to break relations with people.
The following points will explain the effects of anger.
- It affects our health: Uncontrolled Anger often leads to bringing many serious health problems such as headaches, increased anxiety, depression, etc. it may also cause some long-term health problems such as high blood pressure, eczema, heart attack, and stroke.
- It brings the feeling of guilt: When we get calm after dealing with immense anger, a sense of responsibility, remorse, and shame often take place in our minds. These feelings often lower our self-esteem and make us question our ability to perform. It will also harm your self-confidence. Hence, it will be hard for you to believe in yourself if your self-esteem gets weakened.
- It degrades our social status: Sometimes, anger will make you spit bad words at people who are just trying to help you. We will also break many people’s trust. People around our surroundings may be affected by our behaviour, which may degrade our social reputation, and people start hating us.
- It may affect our duties: Anger distracts us and wanders off our concentration in whatever work we are doing. Not only it will destroy your focusing power, but it will also make you hate your job.
- It leads us to make the wrong decisions: We often make our precious decisions when we are angry, which sometimes brings trouble in our lives. As told above, decisions made in anger will only push you towards your doom.
Everything has both a dark and a bright side. There are specific ways in which anger and frustration can benefit us.
Benefits Of Anger And Frustration
Being aggressive tell about how passionate you are about your job. A little bit of aggression towards your job is good. The points below will emphasise how you can transform your anger for your well-being.
- It secures our self-respect: There are many phases in our life when we have to take aggressive actions and deal with negative people differently. Hence, anger helps us secure our self-respect and allows us to escape the situation.
- It brings a powerful feeling: It gives us a sense of immense power when we are angry over someone or something. Anger enables you to provide a powerful reply to others. It boosts us in saying something that we are afraid of speaking to them.
- It gives better results: People usually work better when angry over their faults and improve them. Getting mad over the point where you lack will help you overcome your weakness in a specific field.
- It charges and activates us: Anger gives you a cheerful feeling and triggers us to work on the faults.
I agree that anger is not the solution for most of our problems, but there are certain phases in which we have to show our feelings to guard ourselves. 5. It’s not the point whether anger is good or bad. We must look over the situation and then think about how to deal with that situation.
People must learn how to control their emotions. Though many have no control over their feelings, and later on, they have to regret it.
How To Deal With Anger And Frustration
- Understand the situation thoroughly and think about the different solutions or ways to get rid of it, instead of getting frustrated over it and cursing others for creating that problem. Try to relax and think about what has gone wrong. Think it over silently before concluding.
- Try Deep breathing: Deep breathing will calm your nerves as well as your brain. It will help you in thinking more clearly and patiently. So next time you get angry, close your eyes and do deep breathing.
- Ask for help from your friends or family instead of tackling the situation independently. Staying alone may increase frustration and would be a barrier in your work. Don’t hesitate to share your problem.
- Use humour to keep your mood happy. Instead of thinking of the problem and being angry, be in a happy state. Try to lighten up yourself.
- Stop overthinking the situation as it will only increase frustration and nothing else. So be calm and don’t think of the problem again and again.
- Think before you speak. When you are angry, you not only hurt others by your actions but also by your words. Words are the most dangerous weapon when used in anger. It can destroy someone else mental peace. So, better think before uttering anything.
Anger is just an emotion, and it’s not evil if used in a better way. Just understand how you could use it for your betterment which may not affect others.
I hope you have loved this post. You can leave your comments if you have anything to share or ask.
Check out our other blog: Lessons We Can Learn From Butterfly
KEEP SMILING AND BE ENERGETIC 🙂
Pingback: How To Stop Being Passive-Aggressive - Always Energize