Hey Friends, how many times did you resolved and also fulfilled it? If your answer is 0, then mate, you are at the right place. Making a resolution is typical human behavior; what makes you stand out from others is your ability to fulfill it. Almost every other person has taken the resolution they want to achieve, whether it is quitting smoking, leaving tobacco, or getting good grades. The ones who keep up their resolution are not extraordinary people. They have a different mindset and a different approach to achieving their target and many more things that help them keep up their resolution. Let’s discuss all the helpful and destructive traits for a person who desires to complete his resolution.
Why We Break Our Resolution
- Lack Of Motivation: This is one of the most common reasons for giving up on his resolution. Many of us start with full energy at the initial stage but loses track as time passes. They lose their energy while accomplishing their goal. A person always needs some motivation, inspiration, or end goals to keep them going, but those who are unable to get this quit after some time, and finally, they break their resolution.
- Time Management: Many of us are not able to keep up the resolution because we are not able to fit that change in our lifestyle. And if somehow they schedule it, they cannot manage it as they don’t have enough time to carry it. If you are unable to manage time or prioritize things in life, you will lose something that can turn out to be beneficial for you. You will have to compromise with one thing or the other. Prioritizing what is essential for you is crucial to keep it done.
- Not Serious: Resolution needs careful attention and a dedicated mindset to be fulfilled. We mainly give up on our resolution because we are not serious about it at an earlier stage. After some time, we also start to take it for granted and casually. And as time passes by, we forget that we have taken something as “resolution.”
Points To Remember While Making Resolution
- Avoid Herd Mentality: These habits are those who don’t have their own thinking and follow other people without even thinking about the effect it would create on their minds. These people can be influenced by their peers to adopt specific behavior. Break this attitude of yours. Have your own thoughts; many a time, we do it but for making a resolution, try avoiding it because the resolution is going to make your life better.
- Don’t Wait For Special Occasion: If you want something good to happen to you, then make it happen right away without waiting for any special occasion like the new year or any other. This depicts how much serious you are about your goal. The resolution doesn’t have to do anything with special days. Resolute and start working for it right away with complete seriousness and concentration. Start immediately!
Tips To Keep Up Your Resolution
- Keep Track Of Each Day: Scheduling is essential when it comes to performing multiple jobs. Maintain a diary; before going to bed, write down how much progress you have made to achieve your goal.
Dedicate few hours daily to it and try to achieve them without any failure. For example, your resolution is to stay fit and to work out. Give this one hour daily and no matter how busy you are, give it a short time.
- Make A Tiny Target: This is the easiest way to achieve your resolution. Try to achieve a smaller goal that will be a part of the bigger plan you want to accomplish in your life. Instead of spending your time achieving a bigger goal, divide it into smaller pieces. Through this, after completing that smaller part, you have a sense of achievement that will help you keep going. Try achieving these smaller targets sooner or later; you be achieving your long-term goal. For example, you thought of finishing reading a book in one month. Make a target of finishing it by a specific date; by doing this, you have a deadline to achieve your smaller goals like finishing 1 chapter, which will be a part of a bigger goal, i.e., finishing your whole book.
- Avoid Making Multiple Resolutions: Never treat your resolution like any of your bucket lists. Try to make one or two resolutions and dedicate your time and mind to achieve them. Rather than wasting time achieving multiple goals, give your best in completing one goal and moving onto the next target.
It is not important to start projects, it is crucial to complete them.
Story Of Chanakya’s Resolution
Annual philosophical discussions are organized to ensure that the young prince did not forget their basics once seated on the throne. Dhananada, king of Magadh, was absent at such an event. His minister went to call him because he realized that Magadh is in danger of losing its respect among the intellectuals. Somehow Dhanananda appeared after being called so many times. Dhananada began losing interest in the discussions and even started to ridicule the scholars. Chanakya, who was also there, decided to leave after seeing this. Dhanananda tried to stop him, to which Chanakya replied that he came here to see if Magadh had kept the lamp of knowledge burning and if together they could destroy Alexander’s imminent attack.
After all this said, Dhanananda ordered his guard to threw Chanakya out. To this, Guards grabbed Chanakya’s Shikha (topknot) and threw him out of the court. Chanakya, after this insult took his deathly oath- “I will not tie this Shikha until the day I remove Dhanananda from the throne of Magadh!”
So eventually, he created history by dethroning Dhanananda and kept his resolution.
Story Taken from : KATHA CHANAKYA by RADHAKRISHNAN PILLAI
Check out our other blog: Do’s And Don’ts Of Life
KEEP SMILING AND STAY ENERGETIC 🙂
Pingback: Turn Your Mistakes Into Lessons - Always Energize
Pingback: Ways To Leave An Impactful Appearance In A Gathering - Always Energize