Hey Friends, nowadays many people are suffering from loneliness and it is leading them to a very serious issue which make them fall into depression. Loneliness affects mental health in a very negative way. Let’s discuss this topic in detail and see how we can overcome loneliness in our life.
“Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it’s not because they enjoy solitude. It’s because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them.”Jodi Picoult
The above quote is one of the most exact reasons for a person to stay lonely, in my opinion, and it doesn’t mean that being lonely is defined like this only. There are numerous reasons to feel lonely, as the word “lonely”. Being a lonely person or a loner is not a good attitude. Feeling lonely will only bring negativity and evil thoughts, which is very hazardous for one who wants to live with a healthy mindset. Research shows that chronic loneliness can significantly impact your overall health, including your brain health.
Usually, people feel lonely when they have left out alone or have low self-esteem; people also feel lonely because they have low self-confidence, making them introverted. It becomes too hard for them to share their feeling and inner thoughts. These all things let one stay isolated from the outer world. Let’s discuss all these things in detail and their impact on one’s mind, followed by the ways to overcome this slowly and gradually.
Why Do People Feel Lonely:-
There are many reasons for one to feel lonely. Following are some of the most apparent reason for one to feel lonely:-
1. Depression: When a person is depressed, he will try to stay isolated. He will reduce interaction with the people around them, leaving them in an isolated world.
2. Fear Of Getting Judged : Some people hesitates to talk in public as they fears of getting judged.
3. Overthinking: Thinking about the scenarios that will never happen or exaggerating thoughts about any situation by just thinking about it will only corrode yourself from inside.
4. Type Of Similar People: When people cannot find people of the same thinking, they keep their thoughts limited to themselves rather than sharing them with others.
5. Upbringing: The surrounding in which the kids are raised also develops a habit of not sharing things with anyone. Maybe this type of surrounding is influenced by parents, friends, or relatives.
6. Expectation: Sometimes, keeping expectations from someone can hurt you from inside. You won’t receive the kind of attention, love, and care from the person; due to this, you will find yourself detached from the person.
7. Not Able To Communicate: If you are not able to communicate properly with others, if you can’t express yourself, then people would never know what you feel.
8. Fear Of Losing While Discussion: Not able to hold the conversation or discussion, maybe the particular reason for this circumstance can be the fear of losing during discussion or low confidence. In the end, you only have your thoughts left with you..
9. Low Self-Esteem: If you have low self-esteem, you may hide away from a social situation, stop trying new things. Often, individuals lacking self-esteem see rejection and disapproval even when there isn’t any.
10. Lack Of Confidence: People with low self-confidence often feel unlovable, awkward, or incompetent. These kinds of persons hesitate to talk because of low confidence and cannot express themselves adequately.
So let’s come onto a positive part of this blog and discuss things which can help you to overcome loneliness in your life.
1. Try Getting Lost In Something You Enjoy: Focus on things you love to spend time like playing sports, watching movies, sleeping etc. Spend time with whatever helps you to distract yourself from the negatives. Forget everything for a moment and do that.
2. Start Working On Your Strength: This way, you will get a sense of achievement and competition with yourself, and you will divert your mind into something productive, and this will enhance your qualities, also boosting up your confidence.
3. Spend Time With Your Loved One Who Gives You Happiness: Human being social animals, only a person can heal another person.
4. Many People Successfully Overcome Feelings Of Loneliness Through Therapy: One of the most effective methods seems to be Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which can help a lonely individual better understand how his or her assumptions and behavior might be working against the desire to connect with others.
By the above mentioned ways it is very likely for you to overcome loneliness in your life. Try to stay happy and enjoy every moment in your life because no one likes sad people. This blog would have helped you in giving some ways to stay positive and avoid being a loner, although there are other ways that could also be helpful.
Check our other Blog: How To Handle Criticism And Failure
KEEP SMILING AND BE ENERGETIC!