Introspection or self-analysis means analyzing yourself mentally and emotionally. Introspecting make you understand your feelings. Analyzing your action and the steps you took; helps you to take control of your life. People usually introspect when they feel guilt or mistaken; rather than introspecting for these things, we should introspect for every action we took in a day and give brief attention to how it would affect ourselves and the people around us. In this blog, we will discuss how we can improve our introspecting power. But before jumping onto that topic power of introspection for your personal growth directly, first discuss the significant difference between introspection and overthinking
Introspection Vs Overthinking
- Both of the above involves excessive thinking but the way it affects your mind is different in both. The outcomes from both of them are different. One thing will harm your mental health, but the other will heal your mind and help you live a life that you will be grateful to have.
- At some point, overthinking will make you hate yourself and question your existence, which is not suitable for your mental peace. On the other hand, introspection will help you to get out of those negative scenarios. It will build a character that not only you but every other person around you will cherish.
- There is a progressive mindset in introspection, a sense of improvement towards our personality, but in overthinking, we have a neutral mindset; there is no development of our mind.
- Overthinking will take you nowhere but into depression. Thinking about the scenarios that are never going to happen will only waste your time and shrink your thinking ability, whereas introspecting will increase your mind’s ability to think and lead you to a positive lifestyle.
How To Improve Your Introspecting Power
- First, learn to observe than to analyze. Process the scene in your mind before jumping onto any decision. Every thought you process in your mind needs attention. Compile all your thoughts and analyze them. Think about every decision you took.
- Write down your thoughts instead of just thinking about them. The thoughts running in our minds are volatile, and you are likely going to forget them after some time. So try carrying a pocket-size diary with yourself—mention scenarios or situations in that diary that you want to process in your free time.
- The only person responsible for your personal growth is you. No one is going to help you with that. Focus on yourself rather than judging others. There is a human tendency in which a person always be jealous of others. Instead of thinking about this, one should think of the ways which can make their life better. Judging others will do no good to you but will waste your time. Invest your thoughts in something which is going to benefit your life.
- Think about your own mistake before blaming others. Often, it happens that we indulge ourselves in an argument that results in nowhere or any other incident that has gone wrong. While introspecting such incidents, always keep in mind to think about the mistakes made by your end. Think about how that thing would have gone if you took any other decision then. Try to make yourself right before correcting someone else. The change will start from you only, so make yourself a righteous person.
- Learn from others; seek inspiration from the people who have values and experiences greater than you. Try to surround yourself with these kinds of people. They are going to influence your mind in a good way. Surrounding yourself with such people will give you a positive mindset. This habit will help you to develop a mindset that will make you fall in love with yourself. Always remember that good morals attract good company.
- Be progressive every time you introspect; think about your personal growth. Always think about the solution to your problem. Always remember that introspection should be constructive for you, not destructive. Think about the ways to overcome your flaws. Think about how that thing will influence your mind, will that be good for your mental and emotional health, will that be good for the people around you, how will it affect your image in society. Try working on these issues. Be your well-wisher. You are responsible for the way of life you are living or desire to live.
- Start writing a diary in which you describe how your day went, what all actions and decisions you took. This habit will be going to make your introspecting power more progressive. This habit will help you to know yourself better. Many people write a diary in which they write their hearts out. Treat your diary as your best friend, share all your thing with it and write it down. This way, you have a character of yours written on a paper. Try developing that character into a person whom you wanted to be.
I hope the above points will help you to improve your power of introspection and will enhance your personal growth.
Check out our other blog : Is Your Overconfidence Ruining Your Life
KEEP SMILING AND BE ENERGETIC 🙂